Monday, December 14, 2015

(Review) The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis

Title: The Fiddler
Series: Home to Hickory Hollow #1
Author: Beverly Lewis
Pub. Date: April 10th, 2012
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers

Blurb:

Amelia "Amy" DeVries, a 24-year-old violinist, is disillusioned with life and love after the collapse of her long-running romance. Weary of endless rehearsals and performances, Amy sets out on a road trip through the Pennsylvania mountains. She leaves her cell phone behind so life's demands can't intrude on her solitude. She doesn't know, nor care, where she will end up.
When her car breaks down deep in the mountains, Amy realizes the flaw in her "no cell phone" plan. She abandons her car and walks the winding roads, searching for help. Following the smell of woodsmoke and the sound of music, she finds a rustic log cabin. There she meets a young Amishman--and through him a community--that will change her life forever.

Book
Goodreads


My Thoughts

I don't know why I started this to be honest. Maybe because I curious as to what Christian Fiction is like or because my new digital library seems to love these kind of books. They had nothing of what I was looking for yet they had the FULL Hickory Hollow Series.

Personally, I didn't find anything amazing with this book. I didn't like it one bit and surprisingly enough it wasn't because of the Christian part of it. The romance was so unrealistic I thought I would become cross eyed because of all the eye rolling. The characters were boring. I "power skipped" many sentences. It was so predictable, not one surprising turn. And for the love of monkeys, the darned exclamation marks in the narration. It annoys me to no end for some reason. Something else was bothering me about the book and I finally realized what it was. This is like a "clean" version of a Harlequin novel.

I will try one more, maybe a historical one. But I certainly made a mistake venturing into the genre with this one


*I am not affiliated to Amazon, B&N, the Book Depository or any other online/physical store I mention on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment