Saturday, July 14, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday #1



This meme where the designer, photographer and/or illustrator of a favorite cover is featured is hosted by Five Alarms Book Reviews, I loved the idea since I always want to read a book when the cover is gorgeous. Bad habit, I know!

This week the cover I chose is from one of the books I added this week to my TR list.


Book: Betrayal
Author: Mayandree Michel
Designer: Samantha Oyola

I loved the cover because, besides it being beautiful, it reflects its themes: fantasy and Greek mythology, see the Parthenon on the top left side of the cover? I also love the beautiful dress the model is wearing. It blends nicely with the background, yet it grabs your attention.

8 comments:

  1. Great pick! This is definitely a gorgeous cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I passed by your page and I have to say I loved your eye candy covers.

      Delete
  2. This is a great choice for Shelf Candy. The light is done really well, the coloring is awesome, and I am a sucker for big gaudy ball gowns. Thank you for sharing it.
    I adore your Shelf Candy button. Too cute.
    Thank you for participating in Shelf Candy. I look forward to getting to know you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And yes! The light, how could I have forgotten to comment on that?

      Delete
  3. Awesome choice! I have never heard of this book and I love greek mythology so I'll have to put it on my list! I love the light as well, but mostly the DRESS! Wow!! Totally want the dress! :)

    Great choice!

    I'm late this week but if you're interested, my shelf candy is here: http://www.thewindypages.com/2012/07/shelf-candy-saturday-36.html

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I stopped by your post and the synopsis of your pick sounds interesting.

      Delete
  4. Hey, Lis!

    Thank you so much for commenting on my Shelf Candy post yesterday!!

    I LOVE your own Shelf Candy pick! That dress is so beautiful...and I love the mysterious-looking landscape, with the Parthenon in the background. I ADORE Greek mythology!! The fact that lightning is coming out of the girl's hand is also amazing.

    By the way, I LOVE your blog!! The header is just magnificent, and the total design is AWESOME. I tend to prefer dark-looking blogs. So I'm now following you!!

    Happy reading!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thanks, I'm glad you like the look of my blog. <3

      Delete