Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book Trailer Thursdays #4: Divergent & Insurgent

I'm not sure who started this meme, all I know is it wasn't me.If anyone knows please let me know. 

This week I'll be sharing two book trailers. They are both from the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth. I haven't read Insurgent yet, but I did read Divergent and loved it, so I will be reading the second book soon-ish.

DIVERGENT & INSURGENT by Veronica Roth

About Divergent (Good Reads):
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.


About Insurgent (Good Reads):
One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

4 comments:

  1. Ummm...may I say that those are freakin' awesome trailers Lis! Makes me want to read them all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Every time I see the trailers I feel like pushing back some of the books I'm reading and re=reading Divergent or starting Insurgent.

      Delete
  2. Oooohhh! I love Divergent! I haven't read Insurgent too. Divergent is quite fantastic. Finished it in one sitting. Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it very fast too. It's such a good book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete